Pages

Tuesday 15 August 2017

Puns

Puns 15 August 2017

Definition:
  • A pun is a joke that wordplays a sentence and can have more than one meaning. Often it is used in a humorous way.


Puns:
Meanings:
A boiled egg every morning is hard to beat
It is hard to beat because the egg is boiled so you can’t whisk it. They are also saying it is hard to beat as in nothing else can beat it because it is the best and etc.
A bicycle can’t stand on it’s own because it is two-tired
A bicycle only has two tires so it can’t stand by itself. It is also making a reference because two tires sounds like two tired.
I always wondered why my cat stared at my computer, then I realised it was because of the mouse.
Cat’s tend to get attracted to mice so they always stare at them, and the joke is that the cat was staring at the computer mouse because they both were mice.
Why did the little boy eat his homework? Because his teacher thought it was a piece of cake.
The teacher said the homework was a piece of work referring to the easiness of the homework but the little boy took it literally and ate his homework thinking it was a piece of cake.
What house is easy to lift?
A lighthouse.
The joke is the two words light and light. They did a wordplay so that the reader would think the house is light.
I tried to use a calculator but it didn’t work. I guess it had too many problems.
A calculator is known for solving problems, so when it didn’t work and didn’t answer the problem they thought it had too many problems to solve and it couldn’t solve his/hers.
I tried to stand on a stool but it broke. I guess it couldn’t stand it.
The stool couldn’t stand the person standing on it, so it broke. And the joke is because the person literally stood on it.
My family and I went to the zoo to spend some koala-ty time together.
They did a wordplay so koala-ty sounds like quality. They choose koala-ty because they went to the zoo and koalas are animals you can see at the zoo,

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I found humor on the second 'pun'

Post a Comment