Pages

Sunday 10 September 2017

Free Writing

Free Writing: Alive 10 September 2017

Success Criteria:
  • I must include strong words from my vocabulary
  • I must follow the structure of an narrative writing
  • I must make sure all my sentences are grammatically correct

Screenshot 2017-09-14 at 11.06.46 AM.png

Mysterious happenings occurred throughout the day. From doors opening and closing without anyone doing it to hearing strange whispering from the distance when there was no one around. I was practically traumatized and looked out for every little suspicious thing that happened.

The school trip was nearly coming to an end the last stop was at an old vintage art galley outside of the city. The galley looked very antique and modern and everything was decorated in the colours brown and dark pink. We were greeted at the entrance by an doorsman who opened the door with a wide grin spread across his face. We all entered one by one and all instantly stood in shock. The gallery reception looked nicer than we all expected. The colours of the room were of white, gold and silvers. A chandelier shined bright from the ceiling and projected star shaped silhouettes of from the walls. The staff around the reception looked unusually happy and a lot of fake smiles were obviously given.

We were all led into a room of mirrors each one reflecting each other. We were in a mirror maze. As confusing one mirror maze already was this one was oddly harder to make our way around. Mirrors would turn into solid brick walls and unexpected dead ends would occur every so often. We were in there for what felt like days and years. The ending of the maze finally appeared in the most unexpected place. The floor.

The floor trapdoor led us into another room but one full of a variety of different paintings and pictures. The marvelous well drawn paintings captivated my eyes and somehow made me forget about everything around me and what happened earlier. Although the pictures were still each one began to scream out their own different stories that they represent. It mesmerised my eyes and my mind and made me become somewhat calm and collected. Most of the students moved on to the next room whilst I was stuck in a room of captivating works of art.
Whilst I was walking along the path one particular artwork caught my eye. It was a painting of a memory of elephants huddled together whilst drinking from the water fountains in the nature. I stared at the picture for what felt like hours analyzing every flaw and part of the painting. At this point I couldn’t even tell if this is what my eyes were seeing or my mind imagining things, but the painting of the herd of elephants suddenly moved.

The water that the elephants were drinking from splashed around and a about as they took sips. The elephants gradually walked around and the trees swayed in a perfect melody. One particular elephant squirted water from above and teleported from the painting and splashed onto my skin. I stared at my arm that the water drop splashed on and wiped it across my skin. Again I didn’t even know if my mind was imagining the feel of a cold wet substance or if this was reality and it was actually happening.

My mind snapped out of it as I heard a constant screaming of my name. I snapped back to what people call reality and quickly ran after the group of students that were calling me. I keep glancing back at the art galley was we made our way onto the bus to go back to school. Whilst stunned my friend next to me slightly touched my shoulder, I looked back at her and smiled at what she said. “You saw the picture move aswell didn’t you?”. I guess I wasnt the only one who saw it too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment